ExpertConnect has established rules and guidelines for research engagement based on client expectations and Industry Consultant feedback. Compliance standards and best practices for participation in ExpertConnect interactions are outlined in the following agreements:
Industry Consultants agree that:
- They will not disclose material non-public information
- They will not breach a duty of confidentiality owed to a third party
- They will comply with their employer’s rule on outside consulting
- Complete ExpertConnect’s compliance training
- They will terminate consultations when in doubt and be paid by ExpertConnect for full time allotted
Clients agree that:
- They will not solicit material non-public information
- They will not solicit the breach of a duty owed to a third party
- They will terminate consultations when in doubt and be credited by ExpertConnect for future projects
ExpertConnect requires Industry Consultants to affirm their obligations as outlined in the Terms & Conditions prior to each consultation with an ExpertConnect client.
ExpertConnect never allows public company employees to consult about their employer.
ExpertConnect compensates Industry Consultants per their hourly consulting rate and encourages they terminate any engagement that appears to violate the industry compliance standard or personal comfort level.