ExpertConnect® has established rules and guidelines for research engagement based on client expectations and Industry Consultant feedback. Compliance standards and best practices for participation in ExpertConnect® interactions are outlined in the following agreements:
Industry Consultants agree that:
- They will not disclose material non-public information
- They will not breach a duty of confidentiality owed to a third party
- They will comply with their employer’s rule on outside consulting
- Complete ExpertConnect’s compliance training
- They will terminate consultations when in doubt and be paid by ExpertConnect® for full time allotted
Clients agree that:
- They will not solicit material non-public information
- They will not solicit the breach of a duty owed to a third party
- They will terminate consultations when in doubt and be credited by ExpertConnect® for future projects
ExpertConnect® requires Industry Consultants to affirm their obligations as outlined in the Terms & Conditions prior to each consultation with an ExpertConnect® client.
ExpertConnect® never allows public company employees to consult about their employer.
ExpertConnect® compensates Industry Consultants per their hourly consulting rate and encourages they terminate any engagement that appears to violate the industry compliance standard or personal comfort level.